When it comes to excellence in audio, few brands stand out like Beyerdynamic. The German company has been in the business of making great audio devices for close to a hundred years, and is the brand of choice for many famous artists.
Generally, pro headphones – meant for sound engineers and musicians – are bulky and heavy devices. But, with the DT 1770 Pro, Beyerdynamic has released a device that is light, well designed, and capable of recreating the entire frequency range – which is no small feat. Based on the older DT 770 reference cans, it comes with the company’s Tesla 2.0 technology which uses powerful neodymium magnets to produce clean sounds with minimal distortion.
If you are on the lookout for a closed-back pair of circumaural headphones which reproduce accurate sound – there is no bass boosting here – the Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro may be what you are looking for. It definitely doesn’t come cheap.
These closed-back earphones have large matte-black circumaural ear cups. Combined with the leather headband, and silver detailing, this gives the DT 1770 Pro a dignified look. The ear pads are plush and swappable – the bundle comes with a pair of velour and leatherette cups.
Like other headphones in the Pro line, the DT 1770 has a tight and comfortable fit. Since the Tesla 2.0 drivers are lighter than its earlier iteration – the Tesla 1.0 driver used in the Beyerdynamic T90 – the headphones have managed to shed some weight as well. The velour ear pads are designed to control sweating so that you will be more comfortable during long audio sessions. But, for people with bigger heads, it could feel like the headband is applying a bit too much pressure on the scalp after a while. Adjusting the headphones every once in a while will help alleviate this.
- TNR earns Amazon affiliate commissions from qualifying purchases. You can support the site directly via Paypal donations ☕. Thank you!
As you would expect from a Beyerdynamic product, the build quality is top-notch. There is absolutely no creaking when stretching the headband and the materials feel premium as well. The reverse of the ear cups are closed with plastic which, on first glance, looks like metal.
The DT 1770 Pro ships with two cables and both have a gold-plated 3.5mm jack. One cable is just less than 10 feet long and straight while the other has a coiled midsection and stretches to over 16 feet. The cables connect to the headphone using a mini XLR plug.
Like almost all other professional-grade headphones , the DT 1770 Pro tries to balance between a flat response and a slight boosting of certain frequencies to improve clarity and depth. Tracks with a powerful sub-bass sound balanced and full-bodied, without giving the impression that the bass has been boosted. Moreover, even with a powered-up bass, none of the other frequency ranges are drowned out, and you can easily make out subtle variations.
This effect holds true for all sorts of audio. Portions which often end up sounding thunderous and heavily-boosted in other headphones are delivered with subtle power by the DT 1770 Pro, which is a rare feat. The lows sound neither weak nor boosted, and it’s the same with the mids and the highs as well. Vocals are perfectly clear in songs with heavy instrumental music and don’t get overshadowed.
The soundstage is wide, which is clear in orchestral tracks. High-note vocals and instruments take the limelight with the lows taking a lower profile. Even though the mids and highs take the spotlight, the DT 1770 Pro delivers a deep low with aplomb as well.
As mentioned earlier, the DT 1770 Pro ships with two sets of ear pads – one velour and the other leatherette – which you can use according to your preference. Two cables are provided as well – one is straight and 10ft long and the other coiled-up and 16ft long. The box also includes two gold-plated ¼-inch adapters for use with professional equipment.
In addition to all these, the DT 1770 Pro also ships with a massive protective case which is about the size of a lunchbox. This zip-up case has a hard-shell cover and a black cloth exterior. The interior is molded to provide a perfect fit for the headphones and all included accessories. There is also a special pouch for the two cables.
Top-of-the-line audio performanceSecure and comfortable fitSwappable ear pads
Even though it is a bit expensive, the Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro is an excellent option for musicians and engineers who prefer to listen to sounds through their own pair of headphones, and want excellent frequency response. The accurate sound reproduction makes it a worthy piece of reference gear. If you are looking for a pair which adds a bit more to the bass, the Sony MDR-1A could be a solid option.
The Beyer dynamic DT 1770 PRO is ideal for musicians, sound engineers and producers for professional studio or monitoring applications.
Table of Contents
- beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro Studio Headphone
- beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro 250 Ohm Closed-Back Studio Reference Headphones Bundle with Hard Case, Headphone Splitter, and Cleaning Solution
- Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro 250 Ohm Studio Recording Headphones w/Tesla Driver Bundle with Rockville BluTube 70w Tube Amplifier/Home Theater Stereo Receiver w/ Bluetooth
beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro Studio Headphone
13 used from $395.00
- Closed studio reference headphones for mixing, mastering, monitoring and recording, Made in Germany
- 250 ohms, 45 mm dynamic Tesla neodymium drivers
- Single sided, detachable cable with mini-XLR connectors.Nominal sound pressure level:102 dBSPL (1mW/500Hz)
- Soft, replaceable ear pads and headband for long studio sessions
- Delivery contents: 2 ear pads (velour and leathrette), 2 cables (coiled and straight, 3m), Premium carrying case.Headphone frequency response:5-40,000 Hz
beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro 250 Ohm Closed-Back Studio Reference Headphones Bundle with Hard Case, Headphone Splitter, and Cleaning Solution
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY: Perfect for studio and stage recordings due to their high-quality, high-resolution sound that is both natural and balanced
- GERMAN ENGINEERING: Experience first-hand, the true quality engineering that Germany is so widely known for with these beyerdynamic headphones
- PERFECT APPLICATIONS: Closed-Back studio reference class headphones ideal for professional editing, mixing, and mastering
- WORRY-FREE ENJOYMENT: Your brand new Beyerdynamic product will be covered for a TOTAL OF 2 YEARS from any defects or issues
- THIS BEYERDYNAMIC DT 1770 PRO 250 HEADPHONE BUNDLE INCLUDES: Beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO 250 Ohm Tesla Studio Reference Headphones, 3m Straight Mini XLR to Stereo Cable, 5m Coiled Mini XLR to Stereo Cable, (1) Set of Analytical Ear Pads, (1) Set of Well-Balanced Ear Pads, Beyerdynamic Hardcase Pro, Headphone Cleaning Solution, Microfiber Cleaning Cloth, 6ft Headphone Extension Cable, Headphone Splitter, 6.35mm (1/4") Stereo Jack Plug, 2-Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty
Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro 250 Ohm Studio Recording Headphones w/Tesla Driver Bundle with Rockville BluTube 70w Tube Amplifier/Home Theater Stereo Receiver w/ Bluetooth
- Package Includes: (1) Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro 250 Ohm Studio Recording Headphones w/Tesla Driver. (1) RockvilIe BluTube 70w Tube Amplifier/Home Theater Stereo Receiver w/ Bluetooth. Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro 250 Ohm Studio Recording Headphones w/Tesla Driver. Closed premium studio headphone. Rugged headband made of spring steel. Single-sided, detachable cable. Soft, replaceable ear and headband pads. Gold-plated mini stereo jack plug (3.5 mm) & 1/4" adapter (6.35 mm)
- Circumaural headphone for high-end studio use. 250 Ohms, 45 mm dynamic Tesla neodymium driver. Rugged headband made of spring steel. Single-sided, detachable cable with mini-XLR. Made in Germany. Specifications: Transducer type: Dynamic. Operating principle: Closed. Nominal Impedance Headphones: 250 Ohms. Headphone Frequency Response: 5 - 40,000 Hz. Sound Coupling To The Ear: Circumaural (Around The Ear). Ean: 4010118710711. Cable & Plug: 3-Pin Xlr Plug & 6.35 Mm (1/4") Stereo Jack Plug
- Nominal SPL: 102 dB SPL (1 mW / 500 Hz). Max. SPL: 125 dB SPL (200 mW / 500 Hz). T.H.D: < 0.05% (1 mW / 500 Hz). Nominal power handling capacity: 200 mW. Sound coupling to the ear: Circumaural. Ambient noise attenuation: Velours: approx. 18 dBA. Nominal headband pressure: approx. 7.2 N. Weight (without cable): 388 g. Length and type of cable: 3 m / straight cable or 5 m / coiled cable (stretched), each detachable with 3-pin mini XLR cable connector, single-sided
- Connection: Gold-plated mini stereo jack (3.5 mm) & 1/4" adapter (6.35 mm). Includes: Tube Amplifier / Receiver. 5 Foot RCA to 3.5MM cable. 5.5 Foot Power cable. Owners manual / Warranty card. Features: RockvilIe BluTube Audiophile grade tube amplifier with bluetooth. 25 watts x 2 RMS @ 8 ohm. 35 watts x 2 RMS @ 4 ohm. Tube amps do not hard-clip even at high volumes and are extremely efficient. Due to this the amp sounds more like double the rated power!. Built in Bluetooth with 33 foot range
- Built-in Preamplifier. (2) sets of RCA inputs to connect to any audio device like a TV, Laptop, or MP3 player, etc. Headphone output. VU meter. Adjustable bass and treble (2 band equalizer). USB input for music files from USB thumb drive. USB can charge your phone or other USB device. Rear Speaker Terminals: Banana plug / binding post outputs for 2 speakers. Frequency Response (3dB): 25Hz-20kHz. Input Impedance: 47kO. Input Sensitivity: 300mV. Output Impendence: 4-8ohm