HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Review – This fast inkjet multifunction printer (MFP) is designed to compete with laser printers, and it starts with their size: it’s enormous, although its curves make it less imposing. The built-in Wi-Fi supports phone and tablet printing via Apple’s AlrPrint and HP’s Android app, and there are USB and Ethernet ports too. An extra USB port on the front lets you plug in a flash drive to print stored photos and save scans. Fax is also supported if you attach the device to a phone socket.
The big color touchscreen is clear and easy to use. Assisted by the 50-sheet automatic feeder, photocopying was quick and simple, taking 14 seconds to produce a single page, just over a minute for 10 black and white pages and a minute and a half for color.
SPECIFICATIONS of HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Review
4800x1200dp maximum print resolution • 1200x1200dpi maximum scan resolution •SO-sheet ADF . USB • Ethernet. 802.Un WI-FI • 339x500x530mm (Hx WxD). 15kg . One-year warranty
Scanning an A4 page to our PC at 300 dots per inch took just nine seconds; 600dpi took 46 seconds (but looked over-sharp), while a 1,200dpi scan required a longer preview process.
Our long text document printed at 21.4 pages per minute, which is faster than many lasers. This increased to 25.4ppm in draft mode. Pages of color graphics came out at a brisk 8.6ppm, and quality was good all round, although some Ink bled through thin paper. Photos looked fine, but you’d choose a different printer if they were your priority. The device prints and scans both sides of the paper.
HP’s 9S3XL cartridges cost each color and black, and are rated at 2,000 and 1,600 pages respectively. That gives a cost of Just under 4.5p for a color page, which is less than half the running cost of most lasers and also beats basic inkjets.
VERDICT of HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Review:
You’ll need plenty of room, but this all-purpose office machine produces good-quality prints and scans with relatively low running costs
Get more stuff like this
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
You'll need plenty of room, but this all-purpose office machine produces good-quality prints and scans with relatively low running costs
- Main functions of this color all-in-one wireless printer (black version): copy, scan, fax, wireless printing, AirPrint, 2-sided duplex printing and scanning, and more
- Mobile printing: print from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet with the free HP ePrint app, easily print from your iPhone or iPad with AirPrint, touch to print with NFC capability
- Main functions of this HP color inkjet photo printer: copy, scan, wireless printing, AirPrint, two-sided duplex printing, touchscreen, Instant Ink ready so you'll never run out of ink.
- Mobile printing: print from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet with the free HP ePrint app, easily print from your iPhone or iPad with AirPrint, print even without a network using Wireless Direct printing
- Save up to 70% on Instant Ink (HP 953 inks) and never run out of ink; original HP ink, ordered by your printer, delivered to your door
- Speed through print jobs, using fast two-sided printing
- Print with just a touch of your NFC-enabled mobile device to the printer - no company network needed
Last update was on: 2018-11-16 6:08 am